Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Two boxes.

It was late July when Mr. Keller called me from work, to tell me that despite our high doubts, the offer on our new house had actually been accepted. I was driving home from the grocery store. As I drove up our street, I could barely see the road. I was so emotional and it wasn't because I was excited about moving. Not that the horizen didn't seem very exciting. I just knew that moving forward meant leaving something very loved behind.

I've had a few long months to settle into the idea; a few long months to daydream of how comfortable our family will be in our new place. We need more space! I finally get a laundry room and an office and a shop! And a pantry and a master bathroom! The list really could go on and on...(we're so blessed!). Still, I've been so hesitant to pack, to take things down off the walls I've painted, to put in boxes little clothes I've folded a million times.



Out of all your rooms, little house, I've known all along the one I've loved the most is this one. I'm missing it now before we've even gone.  I've poured out my heart and soul here. I became a mother here. I've learned so much in this little room and felt things more sacred here than I could ever begin to write down. It is so precious to me. Oh, it's so precious.



 
Today, the boys and I began packing large cardboard boxes. They are packing things they love, I am boxing up memories. New flooring is being installed today in the new house and my crystal chandelier has been hung. I'm very anxious to start this marked, new chapter, even as I am hesitant to leave this one. You know I've never been one for goodbyes. And God knows I'm too clumsy for hellos. Yet, here we go. Here we go.




--------------------------------------------------------
I took some pictures this morning of the boys and their rooms. I want to remember them just like this.
 
 
 
 
[the nursery]




 


[morgan's room]



 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Goodbyes are very sad. But I am excited for you to have a new and more spacious home! I am looking forward to more space when we are done with residency! We have outgrown this place. I can't wait to see pics of you all moved in.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails