Danny's cheeks have smelled like pancakes all day long now. I don't mind. It makes me want to eat him all the more. And while the baby one of us all is smelling sweet, the other boy-child that lives here has been melting my heart. This morning when I woke up, he asked me how I slept and if I was feeling better. And then last night, when him and I were sharing a nice, hot bubble bath together, he was playing make believe with his tubby toys when he turned to me and said: Caillou is going to Bilbo Baggins' house!
Gosh, my kids are going to grow up to be so awesome.
The truth is we are all sick. Friday night, just after braving a few minutes in the cold to pick out a tree at Lowe's, Mr. Keller and I both caught the worst cold/flu we've had in a long while. Morgan had it first, and both Mr. Keller and I have followed suit. Danny is teetering on the edge, and I think it's mostly my prayers that have kept him. It is NOT a fun virus! And it seems like it's lasting forever (Jared and I are on day four, and Morgan's had it an entire week). I just hope this means we are paying our dues for the season and won't catch anything else for a long time! It's also the first time both of us have been sick at the same time since becoming parents, which has had me wishing my mom could be here making us soup and bread, like Grandma Dixon used to whenever we were sick as children. The good thing is there's nothing like opposition to create a deep sense of gratitude. I am thankful that I don't always feel this way.
Last week (before the plague), I got some serious Christmas shopping done. I think Mr. and Mrs. Claus are, once again, more excited than their little elf/elves. I usually like to get dressed up and wear my favorite red coat out shopping, but this year, my favorite has been finding things online. With the age Morgan is at, we really have to think long and hard about what he would like, so we don't feel like we're wasting money on toys he only plays with for a little while. I love the fact I can read reviews and other tips from parents' and am hoping the things Santa will be bringing to our house this year will be enjoyed. Not to mention, there's such a better selection online.
{Just before getting our tree}
{my boyfriend}
{my wild eskimo}
{Morg's new favorite hang-out spot}
{saturday = sick}
: [
{my little men}
{my chunky hunk}
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment: