Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July and August...so far!





Holy smokes, summer is on its way out and I've written three times. I refuse to give up blogging, even though it seems to be a word of the past. 

We have spent our days easy. We've spent a lot of time outdoors, in the backyard and at the park. Evening drives, walks, and hikes. And lots of swimming and trampoline-jumping. We took a trip to Boise in July and spent the week there. I got sick with a cold while we were visiting, but we tried to make the best of it, still. Morgan got to visit Smithfield by himself for a few days. Danny was my shadow the whole time. They are best friends and Danny doesn't like to be apart. Not at all. We went to a family reunion and to the rodeo with the Kellers. School starts in two weeks from tomorrow, and we still have a handful of things on the to-do list before it's all said and done! This summer has been such a blur. Time, please slow down!

Lots and lots and lots of pictures.....here we go.


{{{August}}}

A fun new park we discovered one Sunday. No one is ever there and it's so clean and quiet. 



Checking the garden --- one of their favorite things to do. 




Pretty cherries at the farmers market



Sprinkler time!




More adventure at our favorite new park



The best watermelon I have EVER had.



Danny Tiger



Lunch date with Morg before I took him to meet up with Grandma Stacy. He was so excited to spend some alone time with her. They went to a movie, had a sleepover with Bodie, got to pick out treat cereal and lots of other fun things. I need to remember to ask him more tomorrow. He had so much fun.



Little Bear happy to have our daddy home.


Date night while Morgan was at grandma's.



Mr. Keller and I drew deer tags in the unit close to our house. He's so excited. I've never seen him run so fast to the computer when his friend texted him that the draw results were in. Haha! He was shaking and could hardly control himself. Weirdo! :)



After our family reunion, we went to visit Uncle Blane and his fun little acreage. Horseback riding, frog catching, tree-climbing. I want to move there. 



The sweetest old old old horse. 


Danny and Annie, the twins as we call them. They are so much alike, and not just in looks. We love this family!


We also got to visit with grandma and grandpa keller for a few minutes. 
Mr. Keller and I spent a lot of time with them when we were dating and newlyweds. Going to their house reminds me so much of those sweet years. 


To the rodeo!




And to church the next morning!


More garden harvest. This is the first year my mom didn't plant for me, and I must say, I'm pretty impressed with myself, black thumbs and all. 


The noise and dust and house-rattling continues. 
I'm trying not to be a B about it, but I'm failing. I know I am.


My favorite go-to meal lately. 
Yummy chicken meatballs from costco.



These two get along most of the time. But sometimes they don't. 
I made them "hug" until they felt better. Haha! Danny's face kills me.


Gardener Danny.


Afternoon snuggling


Yard sales!


Sunday morning -- and more undies. 



Ross Park, finally! After a weird weather month! It was finally hot enough to go.




My favorite tree.


More gardening


Sunday afternoon hike. There are no words for how much I love the way the sun reflects off Danny's pretty blonde head. 



Church going. 


And last, but not least, a Sunday evening BBQ at 945 at night, because I took a four-hour afternoon nap and dinner just didn't happen. 



{{{July}}}






Hiking with the church group of girls I'm in charge of!


First sno-cone of the summer



A few changes in the boys' room -- the cutest whale pillows and the vintage plane mobile I made out of some vintage planes I bought.



Garden goods



Swinging, and more swinging



And more swinging






Mama cow down the street. I love this old girl.



Road construction back when we still had our pine trees. They bulldozed them one afternoon without so much as a knock on the door. I was so upset, but it's been weeks since, and there's nothing I can do now. They said they would rebuild our berm when they are done. I'm very anxiously awaiting the completion of this incredible mess. The novelty of Bob the Builder on our front doorstep has long since worn. 

Although, it was pretty cute to watch Danny line up all his matching trucks. 



Undies in the afternoon. Every single day.



Sugar and his kisses. He is such a kissing boy. 



When your cookies melt together.....why not. 







Morgan was eating breakfast so quietly one morning. He is such a gentle, sweet spirit. 




The cutest chair I found at an estate sale. 



My one and only Danny boy.


Books one afternoon



Off to Boise to see Dashboard. I've had tickets since March. Mr. Keller had plans to come, but wasn't able to get away from work since all the girls were also gone. I took my friend Clint as my date. I have missed him so. 

Chris, doing his thing. So well. 
It was eleventy billion degrees that night and I thought I was going to die. But it was worth it.



I also met up with Michelle ---we've been longtime Dashboard fans.
She's expecting triplets as a surrogate, bless her heart and this heat!


While we were in Boise, Roaring Springs was definitely on the list.
Best kiddie area ever.





Danny and the sidewalk chalk at grandma's. His favorite book lately is Color Kittens. It's the sweetest book ever about two kittens that mix colors and make all the colors in the world. I told him he was a color kitten and we mixed and mixed colors. I love sitting on my parents' front porch in their rocking chair. It's so relaxing. 


Homemade whole wheat waffles, of course.


Grandma playing dress-up with the boys. 
Those pimp glasses, though. Where she got them, I haven't a clue. Hahahaha!



A Kuna sunset. 
How I ache for these skies.


Kuna Library with grandma.
Here Little Bear is scoping out the Baby Einstein section. 


Playing us songs on grandma's piano.


Watching a movie with dad.


My parents' pretty garden area.




Danny on a scooter. Best ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails