Sunday, July 26, 2015

4th of July


We had such a great 4th of July weekend filled with the best of childhood nostalgia. I left realizing how precious my childhood was, and how sweet it is to have come full circle with my cousins, being able to watch our children play together exactly as we did nearly every summer weekend growing up. This family property has been loved by our families since 1990 and it is such a joy bringing my children here. Late, late nights around the campfire, river swimming, boating, evening walks, marshmallows, dutch oven, Uncle Dave's breakfasts, Grandma Glenna (obviously), four-wheeling, bike riding, long talks, and much more. We didn't want it to end and are looking forward to another round in August. Who's coming?! Love you all. Alot alot alot! And bandits forever. Amen.







This picture seriously makes me so happy! 












Kricket and Michael came up for a night!




Morgan jumping off this rock like it was no big deal! I tried to be brave, stood up there for twenty minutes then climbed down! The water was so deliciously perfect, though. So fresh, right down from the mountain! Looking forward to going back!



Papa diving off, like a freaking boss! 



In the reservoir! 












The Mecham sisters (and Matt, haha!)




Lots and lots and LOTS of little girls running around. My boys were outnumbered for sure. When I asked Danny what he thought of them all, he said, "I've had enough of that." (girls are waaaay more emotional than boys, and that's what he was referring to....the crying! Haha!).












This is how Danny fell asleep when we left. And he slept the whole way home like this. So cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails