Friday, April 18, 2014

Lately (or in other words, my bi-monthly update). Hello.







Kindergarten registration went fine. Mostly because I got my tears out the night before! Morgan is very emotionally in-tune and I am trying hard not to let him see how hard this will be for his mother. Ah. We went to breakfast before, just the two of us, and I had a present wrapped for him in the car. He was very nervous, which I knew he would be, but he was brave and got to open his present AFTER registration was all over with. He was relieved to get it over. How will we handle day-long school? I’m not sure. We went to the post office the other day and it was really crowded. As we walked out the door to go to the car, he said, “We’ve got to get out of here. There’s too many people.” I looked at him and almost laughed. He is my child. It’s in his blood. On both sides.

The boys continue to be our main source of entertainment. This morning, while in the store, Morg pushed Danny, who was riding inside the shopping cart. Danny then proceeded to throw the lemons I was about to buy at Morgan. They went all over the store floor. Then Morgan punched him in the face.

This morning, while Jared was combing Danny’s hair, Danny told him he was so hungry for breakfast. He requested M&Ms and really truly thought he was going to get them. He thought I had some in the pantry, but they got thrown away. He was so disappointed. Needless to say, he will be a happy camper on Sunday morning, I think.

We reached a milestone this week when Mr. Keller finally bid farewell to his lawn mower and came home from work one afternoon with a shiny new red one. He’s had the old one longer than he’s had me. And someone had given it to him because it was so old back then even. Our lawn is so huge, all last summer it would take him three hours to mow, mostly because he’d have to stop and wait for the mower to cool down every time he emptied the bag because it wouldn’t start back up. Last night it took him less than an hour! Bless his heart. 


We woke up to the most gorgeous morning rain this morning. Spring is so green this year! It's perfection. My backyard is alive again! And I'm alive with it. We’ve been watching the birds out our back window. They are so busy right now! Nesting, nesting. We have a pair of morning doves, a pair of sparrows (the little daddy is so dang fat! He’s my favorite!), and a pair of small black birds. The sparrows and black birds nest in our clothes line and they are busy! Add the squirrels and our little bunny rabbit that comes and goes, it’s like Snow White’s forest. I love it. 

We got out all of our Easter decorations and made a trip around the town searching for Beatrix Potter. I finally found a copy on Ebay and I'm anxious to get it in the mail. It won't be here in time for Easter, but it's one I have to have. We've been hiding eggs and planning our "Easter Feaster" according to Morgan. I'm excited to use my vintage linens.

Happy Easter weekend. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails