Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Weekend.




It was one of those weekends I wanted to take a picture of everything. And I did. The weather was perfect, the sun was so warm. The boys were so excited. Even though we’ve all been sick with colds, they were so pleasant to be around. We watched Peter Rabbit and read spring stories with pictures of baby animals and the boys set out their Easter eggs for the Easter Bunny before they went to bed last night. They ate more candy than I care to admit, but we had a sweet little dinner together and now they’re in bed sound asleep. I love my little men.

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is warmth and light and peace to me. I never loved him more than I did the moment I held my first son in my arms for the very first time. It was in that blurry, beautiful, excruciating moment that I understood as I never had before the importance and the depth of God's love and how beautiful and perfect his plan is. How could I exist without believing this with the fiercest of convictions? How it burns inside me. Because of Jesus Christ, death has no true sting. For we are eternal beings. And because of Jesus Christ, we are literally bound to each other. Nothing can break those binds. In my heart I know this to be true. Never was this more important to me than when I became a mother. I cannot think of a phrase more powerful than 'He Is Risen'. This defines the reason, the purpose for everything. Never was there a promise sweeter, more powerful or more true. The power of this promise is extended to every living being, no matter his or her religion or beliefs. God's love encircles everything in this world and everyone to have ever lived; everyone that ever will live. I'm thankful to know this.       

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails