Sunday, February 7, 2016

Ten years!



We celebrated ten years of marriage in December, on the seventeenth. It was a sentimental day that brought so much memory and contemplation and heart-swell. A few weeks before, I had the idea of wanting to do a wedding photoshoot together. I couldn’t find a dress that I liked, so I kind of gave up on the idea. But the day before our anniversary, I remembered my grandma had given me her wedding dress a few years back. I tried it on, and of course it wasn’t flattering, and it didn’t fit at all. But I knew it was something I wanted to wear for sentiment alone. By miracle, the sweet photographer was available the next day. I still would have pursued it all if she hadn’t been available on our actual anniversary, but she was! And oh, the feelings! I made a quick bouquet from grocery store flowers and had butterflies all morning long. It was so cold and snowy, just like the day of our wedding. It was truly like stepping back in time.

Ten years of memories come to me in an overwhelming pattern of times of pain, and times of joy. School, careers, business, homes. Growing babies and bringing them into the world. So many stages, and so much change. And the reflection that stands out the most is how it was going through hard things that created so much love. The steady, deep kind that you lean into, and know. God has been so good to me. Mr. Keller, you are loved.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails