Thursday, January 28, 2016

Christmas Day 2015

Christmas Eve was pretty hectic with cooking, traveling to Logan and back, and then coming home to wrap lots of presents. We will simplify our festivities next year! I feel sad being so overwhelmed because I hardly remember what we did! We all unwrapped new pajamas before bed, and read The Night Before Christmas before we tucked the boys in and said goodnight. They had been watching Santa's location on the Santa Tracker on daddy's phone, and they knew he was getting very close to our house. Here they are looking out the window for him. Danny was so excited! Oh, the absolute fleeting magic of childhood. I've never seen him run to bed quicker in all my life! As I left their room and shut the lights off, he said, "Now you and dad get to bed right away. And I mean it!" Haha!So great and so funny!



They slept really well and woke up around 630! Santa had forgotten batteries, so I had to make a trip to walgreens at 230 in the morning. It was snowing and lovely! I was so tired by the time I made it to bed!

Here we are on Christmas morning, just before the boys came running out!





Here they are waiting in their room so patiently, like good little boys! They were so excited to see what Santa had brought them!


I love this photo because I have one very similar from two years ago. Brothers holding onto each other. The excitement! I love this. 



(Christmas 2013)




Here's Danny opening his present from Morgan. He was so excited. He had carried this tractor lego set and book around the store for an hour. Morgan had already picked out something for Danny, but he whispered in my ear that he had changed his mind and really wanted to give Danny the tractor lego set instead. So we hid it under my coat and snuck it. He was so excited. Danny did a simliar thing for Morgan -- a star wars toy Morgan carried around the store and wanted so bad he almost cried. 



Here we are, at last, with the Fart Blaster. This was literally on Danny's christmas list since last June. He loves this thing. If you haven't seen it, it's like a fart gun. You pull the trigger and it farts. 



Danny also got a Mr. Grinch of his very own. He has slept with it every night since. 





Santa left a Christmas train for the boys. It doesn't stay on the tracks very well, unfortunately, but it does go backward and forward, and is pretty darn cute. 



Danny also got a big huge combine tractor. He was so excited! He had wanted a real one for as long as I can remember. Yes, a real one. We convinced him we don't have any room to store it and that we wouldn't even be able to drive it in our backyard. He decided a toy one would do for now. It's a really neat one -- a real replica. 



We also added to our vintage fisher price collection. 



One of our 'family gifts' was chatbooks of all of my instagram photos from when I started my account  back in 2013. Grandma and Papa also contributed to this gift. We love them. They are just the right size for kiddos to look through. 


 


Morgan got a lot of Star Wars figurines to add to his collection -- all new ones from the new movie. He got an x wing fighter and Rey's cruiser. He also got some really neat magnatiles, some Blaze books, Pan (the movie), legos, and a remote control car from grandma stacy and papa corrie. His favorite toy he received was the one Danny gave him. A star ship. 



Danny got legos, Mr. Grinch, tractors, Candyland, a whole set of vintage Bambi books. 



The boys loved having grandma and papa here. 









Christmas breakfast and cinnamon rolls







This here cake was the cake of my dreams. It was a cranberry orange pecan cake with cream cheese frosting. It was to die for! I want to eat it again right now!!!!









Here's the table reset for Christmas dinner, which didn't happen until 830 that night since someone (ME!) didn't know you had to de-thaw the turkey beforehand. Good times.


And here's another photo from earlier in the week when I was getting all my Christmas dishes and favorite things out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails