Thursday, November 12, 2015

September, October, November...



I think this is the longest I’ve ever gone between posts in almost seven years. That’s nearly unbelievable to me. But oh, we’ve been so tired. We've done so much in the last few months, and I feel sad about not being able to remember all the small things that I like to try to remember and write down. I’ll be playing catch-up for a while.  

It feels like two months have stretched out to be a lifetime. We bought a house back at the beginning of July intending to flip it and sell it like we’ve done several times in the past. We ended up liking it enough we decided to throw our house up for sale and move there. It took me two weeks of going back and forth to make the final decision (which Mr. Keller left up to me for some crazy reason!). It seemed like the best thing to do, as it was a good time to sell our other one. We had been there for three years and were ready to move on. We are always actively looking at property all the time, but over the last ten months, we looked extensively, trying to find someplace perfect, and away, far in the country. We looked at Shelley, Blackfoot, Pingree, Inkom, and all the places in between. We prayed really hard that the right place would come up, but it just didn’t, and so this move has somewhat felt like we’ve settled. But Mr. Keller reminds me that it’s only for a time and that someday, we will find that perfect place for us. We will eventually make it out to the country where we so badly want to be. God wants us to wait a little longer, I guess. And that’s okay.

The week we moved, my angel mother came to help us. How crazy was I to think that we could manage without her? What a mistake it would have been to even try. She fed us, looked after the kids, packed boxes and boxes, supported me and encouraged me when all I wanted to do was lie on the ground and die. I know I exaggerate, but more than anything, the disruption of normal life plays the hugest toll on my anxious self and changes like this prove to be quite a trial, even though I know we’re so immensely blessed, I have to take care not to freak out and dysfunction! The hardest part this time around was the fact that we were moving in before the house was finished. Several rooms didn’t even have flooring yet, in addition to a laundry list of other things not yet finished, too. You know, important things like a working bathroom, a kitchen sink, appliances, etc. We tried so hard to push our dates back to make sure we weren’t moving into a construction zone, and guess what. We moved into a construction zone. We didn’t have a kitchen for three weeks and I got so tired of guys coming in and out of the house, it made it nearly impossible to get anything done. And now, fast forward six weeks of living here, it’s slowly all being finished up. My parents came again this last weekend and helped tremendously. We unpacked the basement and shifted things around. The appliances finally came in and were installed. The basement bathroom was just finished up last weekend, and all the small things are slowly getting done, too.

In between packing, moving, unpacking, and finishing up the house, we did the flea market. Thankfully, I had gone on a few huge picks, and had already stock piled my inventory, so all I needed to do was price things, and then of course, set up and sell away. I’m always so thankful for the support I get during this super busy time. Mr. Keller is so willing to help, and Claudio, too. I couldn’t manage without either of them.

Before the flea market (end of October), the boys had two bouts of cold and flu sickness, Mr. Keller had a sinus infection and I somehow managed to get viral meningitis. And I feel I can’t not write about this because I can’t remember ever being that sick, and it was somewhat of a miracle, the timing of it all (since moving was behind us), and the recovery. It came on so sudden, looking back now I can’t really remember those first two days. I told Mr. Keller the only other time I’d been in pain like that was childbirth, which should have been my first clue that something wasn’t quite right. I went to the doctor the next day when I was thinking more clear, and got a good scolding for not going to the emergency room the night before. He told me he was surprised to see me driving and sitting in his office (most people are hospitalized for a few days). I had a broken blood vessel in my back from vomiting so hard (thirteen times in 24 hours). And since it’s viral, and there is no conventional treatment, he told me to rest for a week, and that if I started vomiting again to go to the emergency room. I sat in the parking lot feeling shocked, worried, and overwhelmed, but felt the spirit clearly drawing to my attention two things. One being the priesthood blessing I was given before we even knew what I was sick with, and secondly, that my body was prepared for this because of the care I had been taking over the last several months. I felt overcome with gratitude, knowing that as sick as I was and as much as I hurt, it could have been so much worse, and usually is.

I had a slow and ouchie week after that, but was thankful to eventually get back to normal. I was ever so thankful for my oils and herbs that eased so much of the pain for me. I was so thankful for Mr. Keller taking care of me and the boys so well, even though he was super sick himself. He missed most of work that week. My mom was praying over time, I know she was. She was pretty much packed and ready to come, but I think we were all initially worried about spreading it. My vintage farm friend brought my some oils I was out of one afternoon with a bag of treats and magazines and toys for the boys. And the afternoon I went to the doctor, a sister in our ward showed up on our doorstep with warm homemade bread. Not even sixty seconds before she rang the doorbell, I had asked Mr. Keller to bring me some toast, as I hadn’t eaten anything for over 24 hours. I couldn’t believe the timing. A few weeks later, I saw her when I was out walking and I told her how thankful I was for that bread and for that experience, and for her act of kindness, and how it wasn’t necessarily about the bread, but about God showing me that he knew. And that he cared. And that He knew my need before I even knew it, and before I even asked. It wasn’t at all about bread (we, of course, had some in the pantry). It was about God and that connection. He showed me that day that before we even express our needs or desires, he is already working it out. The scripture that says, “I will go before you. I will be on your right hand and on your left” comes to mind. She told me I had been on her mind all day (even though we’re not super close friends) and that as she came up to our door, the one thought that came to her mind was that she hoped she wasn’t too late. She didn’t know I was sick, or anything. It was such a tender mercy and one I won’t soon forget.

Other things that have happened since I last posted:

Mr. Keller turned 32 in September and got a nice little buck this hunting season. He and Morgan had spotted it, tried to get it, but couldn’t, and Morg was so bummed out. A few days later, Mr. Keller went after it again, and decided to harvest him, even though he’s not the biggest little guy.  They’ve been working hard to clean the skull property for the European mount that will be hung in the boys’ room.  He (Mr. Keller) has a lovely beard right now, which he’s kept for longer than he usually does, just for me. I also can’t remember if I mentioned this earlier, but he has his realtor’s license now, too. He’s the most driven person I’ve ever met and extremely talented at finding value in things others look past. I grow increasingly thankful for the friendship we find in our marriage. I lean on him so much and am so thankful to have married a best friend. It has been ever so important in my life through the years.

The movie Pan came out and we went on a huge family date together, since Morgan had been anticipating this for week s and weeks.

Halloween came and went. We had Farmer Dan and (Peter) Pan in the house. We made a cool hat for Morgan out of pheasant feathers (thank you Cam Eddie), and Danny wore great grandpa Buttars’ red handkerchief around his neck (he was also a farmer). Danny is convinced he is a real farm boy. He wants a real combine for Christmas but is trying to figure out where we will store it, as our ‘field’ may not be big enough.


Morgan turned 7 (ah!!!) and was showered with love and lots of new Star Wars things. He is so excited for the new movie, even though there’s a high chance he’ll have to wait to see it until he’s a bit older. He lost his other front tooth. He has to have some other dental work done (and some teeth pulled) in the next few weeks, which won’t be the funnest thing ever, but we’re hoping it will be ok. I’m hoping to do individual posts on the boys here soon. They are at such a fun age. We’re so blessed to have them in our home.  


--------------------------------------------------


Our empty house! Good times sitting on the ground. Still sitting on the ground over here waiting for new furniture. :)




At long last, a paved road! Four months without one will make you super appreciative. Our entire lives have been in construction mode since July. 



Evening walk.


Our garden at our old house. 




Moving day. Mr. Keller and Claudio took care of business. 
What would we do without our Claudio?



Total chaos. For weeks!



Raking leaves together.



Sweet blue pumpkins.


Boxes and boxes and boxes. 


On our way to see Pan (swords in hand). 
We went to the movie and out to dinner afterward. It was such a fun little family date. Morgan was totally enthralled. 



Out on a pick in Lava. 



Mr. Keller turns 32. Danny thinks it's his birthday whenever a cake is made. 


Morg draws the cutest little drawings!



More boxes. These boys have had a ball. 



Our new little neighbors. They are so sweet. 


Our backyard trees finally turning. 
We're anxious for spring to come so we can add some baby animals to our view. 



Jared put up the air mattress for me when I was sick since we had (have) no furniture.
This tree was (is) such a joy to me. This is, by far, my favorite room in the house. The light is absolute perfection. 


Part of our yard. The trees slaying it. 



We went to the dollar store and the boys picked out bows and arrows. 
Here they are on their hunt. 




Gorgeous foliage at the park.



Watching the neighbors' animals. 
They have a donkey, a goat, a dog, eleventy billion cats, and chickens. 

The goat is sneaky and often hops on the donkey's back. It's hysterical. 





Danny and his gloves. He loves these things.



That chin!!!



Halloween jammies



Out on our morning walk. 
There was fog (a rare thing around here) and I was in absolute heaven. 





Flea market time! Meet Claudio! I hire him to save my marriage. ;)



Our truckload at least four beds high. Haha!!! 


--My booth--



My little helpers



Building our fence in early October. 





Halloween -- right before our church party




The last, desperate day of the hunt.
Good times!





Opening morning, a few weeks earlier, before any of us were sick. We had gotten a babysitter early in the morning, and were up the trail way before the sun came up. It was the coolest morning. I won't forget it. Not too cold. The moon was the hugest I've seen in long time and it was just above the mountain, so it looked even bigger. The stars were so bright, and we could see two planets, too. The moon had so much detail and such a definitive shape. I felt like I was in space. I was in absolute heaven. We had a good time together. And then came home to Danny boy throwing up. Good times.



Morgan out scouting with daddy earlier in the month. 



And Mr. Keller's sweet little buck he shot for Morg. 
He cleaned it and hauled it down all by himself. He was so sore and tired when he got home, he could hardly walk. doTERRA to the rescue!




City Creek, our favorite fall tradition











Deep thoughts.



Gloves, always gloves.




Danny gave me so much extra love when I was sick. It was so sweet. 


Helping President Keller clean the church. 
(hahaha!!!)





A trip to the dentist for both boys. Danny somehow manages to continue being cavity-free. I literally have no idea how this has happened, since he himself is a cube of sugar.



Dress up.



Another morning walk.





Always a stick in hand.

Such a sweet little place down the street. 







Birthday boy!

His Kylo Ren Star Wars cake. 




His little birthday celebration at school. Montessori celebrates birthdays by inviting the parents to come and share something special from each year of the child's life. It was super sweet and I *almost* made it through to the very end without crying. I was worried I embarrassed him but he never mentioned it. He was embarrassed about Danny calling all the other kids 'babies'. Hahaha! Danny, the bully.  



Saturday night, another tooth down!
Now he gets to sing 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"!

So dang cute!




Our first snowfall. 



Reading to Danny, which basically melts my heart. 



Our dress up gear lined up. And then I realize we only pretend to be bad guys and I think to myself: not good. 



When your husband goes to work late because he's hanging curtain rods for you. Swoon.
And that cute bum. ;)




 Megan's baby shower this last weekend. This crew hates taking pictures, but I'm glad I insisted. This turned out so cute. 



Our Cole cousins visiting for a bit. (They were watching Bambi, which apparently is pretty entertaining!). That's a lot of boys! Almost Arnold-status up in here!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails