Saturday, May 16, 2015

May

This month seems like the longest ever, and it's only halfway through! I'm ready for summer..... 

Here's some 'grams from the first half of may....

A gorgeous tree by Mr. Keller's office



Sweet vintage farm things lately





The most gorgeous natural patina I've ever ever ever seen. I  couldn't have dreamed this door up if I tried.


Blanket fort when Morgy wasn't feeling well (again)



He requested banana bread, so that's what he got. 






Kricket came last weekend. We talked, played, rearranged, shopped and relaxed. It's always fun to have her here and we miss her terribly when she leaves.


The boys looking at a power tools catalog Danny picked up at Lowe's. He has spent hours upon hours looking at that thing. 


Their new thing: sleepovers on the floor by each other. Danny gets so excited and he snuggles right up to brother. It's so cute to hear them giggling together as they try to fall asleep. 


Summer arranging, Kricket works her magic. 


Still loving my walls!


Mother's day morning.


The boys sang a mother's day song at church and Danny was so excited to finally be able to join Morgan up on the stand. I thought my heart would burst as we watched them sing. Danny kept waving and blowing me kisses. I could have died of happiness in that moment. I kept having to squeeze Mr. Keller's arm. Tears and tears for me that morning. I love these two. I'm so very blessed. 


We have a mama with twins down the street from us. We drive by her multiple times a day to check on her. We think she is the sweetest thing.


And in other animal news, Mr. Keller and the boys found a brand new baby sparrow on the cement by the road. They couldn't find the nest anywhere so they brought it home thinking they would bury it in the backyard. We quickly figured out he was barely alive. I got him warmed up and kept him under the light. We dug worm after worm and nursed him back to health. Then he would get worse again, and then better. And we just didn't know what to do exactly, since the animal rescue would most likely just euthanize him. They told me his chances of survival were so slim. And because I am not a mama bird, I really did understand where they were coming from, but he was such a little fighter. Many times we thought he had died, but we tried our best. The next morning, he was still hanging on, but barely. Mr. Keller was preparing to take him outside to help him on his way, but he perked back up again. I had been praying that he would just pass so he wouldn't have to suffer, and so I wouldn't have to think of Mr. Keller taking it into his own hands either. I fed him again, and we both felt like we should take one last walk down the street to try to find his nest. Our neighbor happened to be outside and we asked if he knew of any sparrow nests by his driveway (where we found the baby). And sure enough, he did! We could hear the other babies chirping away. So we gathered up some grass and I placed him inside the little nest we made and we gently pushed him back to the other babies. As soon as we walked away, the mama flew right in and we watched for a bit to make sure she wasn't going to push him out. And I cried and cried all the way home. It was really hard to just leave him there, without knowing how he would be taken care of. That sweetie was my baby too. I hope the mama took him back okay and that he's doing good now. He was such a little fighter. It's amazing to me how strong the will to live really is. It was such a unique experience, and Heavenly Father really answered my simple prayer. Mr. Keller and I both felt like He led us to the nest. 



Earlier this week, Ellis had an art show where the students displayed their artwork. We bought Morgan's beautiful house he made. 


This was taken a few years ago. So sweet. Had to reshare.


And lastly, some fun finds at an estate sale this last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails