Sunday, April 26, 2015



Danny took a rare nap on Friday around noon, so I had the house to myself for a few hours. I was feeling thankful for the slow morning we had watching Caillou on the couch. When he woke up, Mr. Keller was home for lunch, but he only wanted to be in my arms! And then he cried and cried for Morgan to come home from school.

He's been saying 'dammit' a lot. I often hear Morgan coaching him: Danny, you aren't supposed to say that. I chuckle from the other room. And that is not good. 

Danny loves his flowers and gets so excited whenever he sees a new bud. We've been inspecting our yard a lot lately. He daydreams out the window. Yesterday, he declared to Mr. Keller: I didn't know we had a popcorn tree (our apple tree is blooming now). 

The boys spent a few evenings riding their motorcycle. Morgan knows how to ride all by himself. He is slow and steady. I'm glad for this. Danny and I went for a long walk around the church and he got ride his big boy bike (two wheeler with training wheels). He did so good and felt so proud. We went around and around the church. 

Earlier this week, Morgan was watching a wild animal documentary called 'Built for the Kill' (a winner, obv.). When the lion caught its prey and began eating it, I freaked out and made him turn it off. He turned to me and said, "That IS life, mom. Life in the wild." It's like he's twenty. 

Today, we stayed home from church and rested up a bit. It was a long week, it seemed and we were all feeling a little worn. We made cookies and had popcorn (again) for dinner. Danny loves this, and insists on calling papa to tell him all about it, since popcorn is also Papa's favorite.

The boys are in bed now, and we're ready to start a new week. After this week, Morgan only has six more school days left. I'm feeling rather relieved about this. We have some major decisions to make regarding next year, but we're ready to have summer come our way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails