Saturday, April 18, 2015

April.

Spring, my dears! Spring!




I’ve decided that the subconscious reason I take so many pictures is because I can’t seem to remember what we spend our time doing. It seems I sit down to write here and can’t remember what went on, where we went, who we saw. The days go on. I can’t seem to recount them. Is this the mid-motherhood way of life? It seems we’ve shifted stages again.

I counted up the days Morgan has left before school gets out. He has less than ten more school days! He’s doing so good and comes home each school day to report he got on ‘purple’ (behavioral chart, the highest color there is). When he gets on purple, he gets to pick from a surprise bin (small trinkets and tokens as reward). And every time we go to pick Morgan up, the first thing Danny says is, “What did you bring me today?”.  Morgan is a good big brother, always thinking about Danny. They’ve been fighting more lately, which is draining for me to have to listen to, but sometimes it’s so funny I can hardly stand it. Especially when Danny gets mad. He’s so funny when he’s mad. He says the funniest things. It’s usually Danny who gets mad at Morgan, and then it hurts Morgan’s feelings. This is SO their personalities. So funny to me.

Danny is a good little Vintage Farm helper. He helps me on Mondays in my shop at home, we sell on Tuesdays, and Friday mornings we price things for the Old Town shop and while Morgan is at school, we go have our Old Town date which includes sprucing up the booth and swinging by Great Harvest on our way home. He is my buddy. I so enjoy our one-on-one time. He is a delight. We were watching home videos the other day and I was talking in the background recording Danny when he was maybe six months old. And I was surprised (but also not so surprised) to hear myself say: if I could describe Danny with one word it would be happy. The funny thing was I had said the exact same thing to Mr. Keller a few weeks ago. Years have passed, but he’s still our happy boy. Always happy wherever he goes. Unless he’s in a mood, but that’s pretty seldom.

Morgan lost his first official tooth last night before we went out on our date. His crown popped out over the summer when he fell when we were camping, but this is his first baby tooth to come out on its own. Such a little milestone I felt like crying! He’s been wiggling it for weeks now, patiently waiting for it to come out. When it finally did last night, I’m not sure who was more excited, Morgan or Danny. Danny thought it was so neat! Then he asked me to pull his tooth out. Morgan woke up this morning saying, “I’m rich!” (the tooth fairy came), and today at the park, another little boy noticed his gaps in his mouth. He said he wanted to tell him he was rich, but decided not to. He is my sweetheart.

In other news, we pulled out the lawn mower and worked in the yard for the first time, a few weeks ago. Danny has been asking to do this since last October (when the lawn mower was put away for the year). He got so excited when I told him it was finally spring, as he’s been waiting for this for months. He loves to work. I won’t be a bit surprised if he’s a farmer someday. He says he will be. And I believe him. He loves work. And he’s good at it.

A few weeks ago, Mr. Keller bought a little yellow ’79 Suzuki for the boys at an estate sale. A hundred bucks, not working. It’s the cutest thing, and you should have seen how excited he was loading it up and hauling it home to the boys. He’s been waiting years for this. He took it to the repair shop and $120 later, it runs like a champ. The boys have had so much fun. Mr. Keller is slowly teaching Morgan how to manage it (or try to) on his own. And as for Danny, he hops on and thinks he’s driving all by himself. Mr. Keller holds onto the seat and balances it from behind, and Danny leans forward (like he's ready to race) and steers so good. He really thinks he’s driving by himself and it’s so funny! I’ve also taken a few turns. The first time I rode it, the throttle got stuck on and I almost crashed into the swing set. I'm sure that was quite the circus sight. Mr. Keller had to run up and save me. Totally reminded me of my childhood days camping! We crashed so many times, and one time we accidentally drove through the fire. Tricky things, clutches.

Mr. Keller has a few flip houses in the works. We've been picking colors and things and I've been admiring how gorgeous all the trees are in old town whenever we drive that way to see the progress. Spring is here, and she is not disappointing this year. Praise the good Lord! We made it through.


{Grandma and papa came to visit for the afternoon!}


Happy moment! First tooth lost!



Bring on afternoons at the park!


I often come into the boys' room to find a giant mess, except for their beds, which they so obediently make when I ask them to. 



Giant beach ball that took us an hour to blow up!



Tidying the boys' room for another Flourish article, still loving those cool books I nabbed at DI in the fall.



Working in the shop with mama. Little mini-picker in training!



The crown he made in primary last Sunday. He wouldn't take it off.



Major, major, major milestone for Danny last sunday, when he willingly ate peas, corn, potatoes and ham all on his own accord. He earned this dessert!

Awesome workbench from Mr. Keller's flip home. He surprised me with it last week after work. He had told me he was planning to keep it in the house. I was so excited when I saw it loaded up in the back of the truck. So so so cute!


Gorgeous tulips I bought last night. Such lovely, lacy petals.



My sweetheart, bare feet.

First mowing of the year! Cheers!


Vintage leather boots for date night last week. They belonged to the first lady realtor in Pocatello! I love that I own them now and will never forget her story.


Afternoon nap on the couch (for mama). 


Danny and his besties. Lion had been lost for a few weeks, and Turtle was gifted to him by the Easter Bunny. When Lion was, at last, found.....oh, the happiness!

Teaching the boys to scrub!



This one!



Today it was 70 degrees, but four days ago we had 3 inches of snow. I've sure been enjoying these last few fires of the season. 


Insisted on wearing a tie one day. So cute!


Goofies.




New velvet pillows for the front room. 



These boys can move the couch themselves and have been playing 'golpher' a lot lately!


Easter Sunday in Logan


The Easter Bunny came!




We went to Twin for the day for Grandma Glenna's birthday and for a big Easter egg hunt for the littles. 

Munchkins.


Lining up for the hunt!


I drove the boys by Grandma Tilley's old house (their great, great grandma). It was exactly how I remembered it. What is time? A twinge in my heart. 


Killer vintage wool blanket I found!


Part of my booth at Black Rail


Fabulous bassinet basket! I was pining for the exact same one at the flea market priced $120 (came with a base, too). I really only wanted the basket. The next morning, I found the exact same basket for $7 at an estate sale. Fate!

Riding the motie for the first time!


Slow morning. Mr. Keller isn't much of a morning person and goes into work fairly late each morning. We enjoy some special time after Morgan is at school. 



Danny not really believing me when I'm telling him I shot this deer. 
Mr. Keller's nightly 'adventure stories' have these boys quite intrigued with the outdoor adventures we've had in the past. 



Killer bike I pulled from a barn. It's been sent on its way to a new friend of mine who runs a similar business in Kimberly. She will use it for display at the flea markets she holds each summer. So cute!


For the first time in my married life, I finally have daffodils and tulips! Mom planted them for me in the fall! We are very much enjoying them now! Danny checks their progress daily. He loves flowers.



This organic chocolate cake means business. Dang. Golden recipe right here. 


I had the opportunity to meet up with Nathaniel's parents and sister a few weekends ago. Tagen had a gymnastic competition here in Pocatello. We had such a nice visit and reminisced about the night Tagen was born. I was there for her birth and I truly believe that was the beginning of my passion for labor and delivery. It was such an amazing experience for me and I will never forget it. Salt of the earth people. They will always have a very, very special place in my heart. 



The morning we brought the bike home to the boys. They couldn't believe it! Neither could their daddy. 



 Mr. Keller took the morning off one Friday to drive out to an estate sale with me in American Falls. We enjoyed the drive, and came home with a truckload (including the motercycle!).




And he even brought his gloves! My sweetheart!



Gorgeous barn!

1 comment:

  1. I love every word you write. I also laughed out loud when I read about how you accidentally drove through the fire once when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails