Thursday, March 26, 2015

March




Spring has arrived! Who knows where the last month has gone? The boys were healthy, then we got
our first bout of pink eye ever, got better, and now Morgan is back to his chronic coughing. We hardly know what to make of it, but are figuring out what the next step is to solving his triggers. Thankfully, no fever this time around.

Mr. Keller flew to Las Vegas last week with his hunting friends to watch March Madness games. The boys and I had planned to go to Boise, but with pink eye, we decided to lay low and stay in town. We had a movie afternoon, went to the dollar store to pick out a few new toys, bought ninja costumes and swords, went to lunch one day, made Morgan's favorite dinner: chicken noodle soup, and missed our daddy. A lot. The boys went to bed early each night and I stayed up way too late watching all my favorite English movies. It was relaxing and nice to have quiet time to myself. Danny always gets to sleep with me when daddy is away and by the last night, he was ready for his own bed again, and told me firmly, "This is the LAST night!".    

Three weeks ago, Grandma Lorrie came for a visit for a few days. We had plans to go to Salt Lake for a girls weekend, but we decided we really didn’t feel like driving that way, so we stayed and went to Idaho Falls for the day instead. Morgan was in school and Mr. Danny came with us. He is a shopper boy. We were gone all day shopping here and there, and he was so patient. Always along for the ride! Morgan wouldn’t have lasted near as long and would have ten meltdowns, at least. We met Uncle Dude for lunch. We went to a huge antique store and spent two hours there, and then hit all of our usual favorites.

We had a trip to the dentist, no cavities for Danny boy! Thank the good-teeth gods for that! After Morgan’s terrible teeth we were so relieved Danny is doing good. He was so brave sitting in the big dentist chair and was so excited to pick out a special toy. A little girl in the room next to us had had a tooth accident that morning and was screaming screaming screaming her head off. I guess her front tooth was knocked loose and the dentist had to grab it out. It was traumatizing for all of us to hear! And then after it was pulled, she stood up and was totally fine and walked out. And I thought: God gave me boys for a good reason. Low drama! Man.

A few months ago, I signed for a booth space at a new antique store in town. It’s been so much fun arranging and rearranging things. I wasn’t sure if I could keep up with both the booth and vintage farm, but it’s been ok so far. My goal is to sell mostly smalls there. Danny and I enjoy our Friday mornings in old town restocking and getting cookies from Great Harvest after our work is done.
Morgan has enjoyed having his little friend Benson over to play. Benson is between Morgan and Danny in age. They all love dinosaurs and even have the same dinosaur books. Morgan has been reading scripture verses to us at night, which is so sweet to hear. Danny repeats what Morgan says, and runs his finger along the sentences, too, just like Morgan. He loves his brother so much.  We have this toy computer that asks questions, one of them is, “Who is your best friend?”. Danny was playing with it at the table one night and without skipping a beat, he replied to the computer, “Morgan!” (who his best friend is). Jared and I could have melted. It was so cute. These boys are so much fun to watch together. What a blessing it is to see that strong bond between your two children. It’s most rewarding. 


Going on a 'treasure hunt' with their treasure map (of the United States!)

Forsythias in Boise. My mom kept sending me photos, encouraging me on. We're always at least one month behind here. And that month is the longest month of the year, each and every year. 


Flowers to remind me of Grandma Dixon


First trip to the dentist for this boy!



Waiting for mama to finish getting ready for church. 



Family evening out for dinner, popcorn shop and to the video stop for a movie.



Watching and eating popcorn! I swear to you I didn't pose them like this! So dang cute!




Oatmeal cookies one afternoon



Our favorite hour of the day: when daddy comes home! 






 Flowers for me, from me, as usual. Love my tulips.



Best friends, mostly. 


Gorgeous sunsets lately!





Morgan on his date with daddy while Danny was spending the day with grandma and mommy. 
Daddy picked Morg up from school and he got to go to his work for a few hours, then they went to mama inez and arctic circle for milkshakes.



My beautiful mom


Danny and his balloons from Red Robin. Two minutes later, one flew out the window, and the other one popped shortly after. 


 We also found new puppies in Idaho Falls. Danny was dying over how cute they were. He snuggled up to this yellow lab and then licked LICKED! the top of its head! It was so so funny and sweet. 






On our way home, and packed.  


Reading with grandma



Daddy getting the boys ready for church one morning.




Sweet spring finds for VF




Writing in Morgan's journal together




Rawr.



Off to the flea market last weekend while daddy was gone. I had to buy a stroller just for this event. No way I would've dared take Sugar without one, and we haven't owned one for a few years. I tricked him into thinking it was a fun ride! He loved it!


Old Town

We also stopped at DI that day. This is just too much! BUT --- BUT! He found himself a rubix cube, so it was all good. 



 Early pajamas and popcorn for dinner! Because who needs to make real dinner when your husband is gone? No thank you! 


Dollar store adventure. We came out with a new Angry Birds coloring book and a scrunchy plastic tube thing. 


Out for lunch. Morg got to choose, and I think we've had our fill of Pizza Pie Cafe for the next ten years, thank you very much. Danny turned to me and said, "Dis pizza isn't berry good." And it wasn't. My little food snobs. 


Our ninja costumes, which consisted of winter-clearance sweats, shirts and scarves, and some $3.00 swords from Fred Meyer. Fierce! 



Brownies on Sunday



Happy! You wouldn't believe the lengths I had to go to make them laugh like this. 
Totally worth it. 

I swapped out my cream hutch for this one I had had in my shop for a while. 

Morning light. 



Slow, slow days this week, spring break!  

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the bravery that Danny has shown during his trip to the dentist. Kudos to him for not having cavities! I hope that continues on, and that he keeps to brushing and flossing religiously. Thanks for sharing that, Hollie! All the best to your family!

    Anita Campbell @ Throgs Neck Dental

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails