Saturday, November 15, 2014

Here we are.




October is sort of a blur, I suppose. We spent lots of down time at home, which has been nice, but has made us a little stir-crazy. And it’s barely the beginning of winter! Within a five week period, I had strep throat, a head cold and never-ending cough (which I still have), a sinus infection, shingles (a small outbreak, but ouuuuch!) and then the stomach flu, which kicked my butt and reminded me of why I am NOT pregnant. I felt like I had morning sickness for days after. Ugh! I ate saltine crackers and grape juice for days and would prefer to never have them again. The first day I was sick with the flu, Mr. Keller took Danny to work with him, and Morgan stayed with me, as he didn’t have school. He was so sweet, and kept rubbing my back and telling me how sorry he was that I was sick. He colored by me all morning and read books to me. I was very well taken care of, and have been feeling overall so thankful for my general health. If I would have had such string of sickness last fall, or any years before, I would be in a very bad place right now. But I’m not! I was amazed (and so thankful), that in general, in between bouts of routine sickness, I have felt very well. It is strange to feel human this time of year, when for many years, this would have been a season of great struggle for me. Two days ago, before the snow fell, I hadn’t exercised for seven days (flu!). I decided to bundle up and brave my routine outside and I was able to complete it normally, even though it was 12 degrees outside. I came home feeling so good, and so loved.  God continues to show us miracles in our lives. He is so good.

I’m thankful that except for little head colds, the rest of the family didn’t catch any bugs from me! Another miracle! The boys are getting anxious for Christmas, and I have to admit, I’m a little anxious myself. It’s hit me so early this year! Usually, I don’t want to hear a single Christmas song until after Thanksgiving. This year I would have already bought a Christmas tree, if the stands were up around town! The struggle is real, you guys.

It snowed all day Thursday, the boys played outside a few times, which was so fun to watch, as this is the first year they've really wanted to. I love experiencing the magic of things with these boys. We built a fire and made cinnamon rolls. I’ve been reminded several times over the last month that these are the days. And they come, and then they are gone. No other time of life will be better than right now. I know this. It is a constant struggle to stay focused on the most important things, but I’m thankful for breaks in the cloud where I see clearly the importance of it.

Morgan has learned to read! He sat down with me on Thursday, and it all clicked! It is thrilling and has been so amazing to see how excited he is about this new accomplishment. Reading truly is freedom! He somehow knows these. He is eager and ambitious. I love this little person. He is always looking out for his little brother. They fight and wrestle, but he has such compassion for him. He is a great little babysitter when I take my afternoon snoozes on the couch (so nice!), and he’s always taking care that Danny’s needs are met.  Yesterday, we returned a birthday present to Fred Meyer and after looking for a replacement for over an hour, Morgan decided to just buy a tiny car instead. When we came home, Danny got in trouble (the dad-will-take-care-of-it-when-he-comes-home kind of trouble) and Morgan felt so bad for him, that he offered to give him his new car. His sweetness is unmatched. And none of us deserve him. His teacher sent home a handwritten card to Mr. Keller and I expressing how much she enjoys having Morgan in class and how much she depends on him to help the other kids. We had our first parent-teacher conference earlier this week. Morg is above-average in everything they've done. While we already knew this, I've been discouraged with how the challenge just isn't there. I'm shocked to realize the bar is so low. We are doing preschool work all over again, it seems.       

Danny is still our entertainment. He is such a shit sometimes, and so saucy, but we can hardly get enough of him. He is so funny, and Mr. Keller and I are constantly having to turn our heads to hide our laughter at some of the things he does and says, especially when we’re trying to discipline. Our bedtime routine is bath, scriptures, prayer, and then we turn out the lights and Mr. Keller and I take turns snuggling both boys. Morgan usually sings us songs, but lately, Danny has surprised us by chiming in. He apparently knows all the words. Give Said the Little Stream is his favorite. And Jingle Bells. The other night, when Mr. Keller was lying by him, he told him he was going to fly like Peter Pan tomorrow. With John and Wendy. He loves snuggling with me, and I really do believe by the way he curls up in my lap, he thinks he is a baby still. He sees other babies (like actual babies), and will turn and say to me, “Look! Like me! Like Danny!”. My little Danny cub.

Mr. Keller had a stressful and busy couple of weeks at work, but he finally closed a big property he had been working on for over a year. It was a happy day that day! Happy, I tell you! To celebrate, I got a babysitter, took him to dinner, bought him prime rib, and the biggest gift of all, he got to eat it in front of me! I didn’t complain once.  I do not do prime rib. At all. So, he knows what a gift this was. I am very proud of him. He works so hard and is so uniquely gifted with drive and ambition. He sees things so clearly and is able to see value when others do not. I often question why I am so blessed. I do not know the answer to this, but I do know I am loved.


Photos from the last handful of weeks:
----------------------------------------------------------------



This autumn has been so warm and pretty!
Here we are enjoying some bike-riding time!
And our new red boots! Even I have a pair.




Silly boys!



Cute little dino tails grandma made!



These jet packs were almost a pinterest idea. Danny and I made them one afternoon out of pop bottles. He kept jumping up, frustrated that it didn't actually make him fly. 

.


Danny wanted dinosaur hair one morning. So, that's what he got. 



Ready for winter 



 Still doesn't like to wear clothes....



A sweet little leaf Morgan found at recess, put in his pocket and brought home for me because he thought I would like it. I love it.



Flowers from Mr. Keller one afternoon



Fridge art 


My beautiful apple tree which was barren this year. Mr. Keller informs me this is normal for fruit trees to bear every other year. I surely missed the bright red apples on the branches this fall. 


Danny making a huge mess of Morgan's "special things" bin while he was away at school. Naughty!



Morning snuggles with daddy 


These two, twins. 



First Book-It pizza from Pizza Hutt!



Birthday breakfast at Perkins 



Playing with his new dino set from grandma and papa



doTERRA haul this month. It's always exciting to try new things. 
Correct-X is ON POINT! It healed my shingles sores in less than a week and was so soothing. The timing of this order was so perfect. 



Danny got these Baby Einstein puppets last year for Christmas. It was one of those presents we were sure he was going to LOVE but he ended up not playing with them much at all, so I put them away. We just pulled them out for the first time since last year and he LOVES them. He still loves Baby Einstein a lot. He has played for hours with these puppets!



Early jammie time one evening. The bedtime countdown was surely on that day. 




A trip to Costco with grandma and papa while Morg was at school. 
Papa bought Danny a churro, his absolute favorite. Lucky!


We also ran to Lowe's that day, too.



Headed to church



Halloween socks on Halloween day



Danny playing quietly in the closet one morning,
and yes, he still has a passey. Do I care?



Cute Halloween project Morgy brought home



Morgy reading to me when I was in bed with the flu


Snuggling our oldest baby!



Danny in total love with the snowflakes falling down



Shoveling the walkway with daddy


Super cold morning this week!



Out to lunch for grandma's birthday!



Birthday cupcakes on his actual birthday



Mischief



Quiet afternoon



Mr. Keller and his prime rib



And we have officially entered the 'take a picture of me' stage.
This pose!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails