Sunday, October 19, 2014

'Lately' photos...


I've really enjoyed decorating for autumn this year. This is always my favorite time, anyway. I think I like it more than Christmas, even. Just another reason to celebrate cozy and rustic style! I'm obsessed with throw blankets. I'm embarrassed to say how many I've bought over the last month. I can't get over all the cool ones I've found. And who would've known, a little pop of color never hurt anyone. Who am I these days? 


Such a gorgeous white mum!



Every year, the boys and I make it a point to drive through the historic University area, which Morgan knows is an area I'd die to live in. We both love all the gorgeous old houses. The trees never disappoint. They are tall and thick and the colors are astounding. It reminds me of Grandma Dixon's neighborhood and I get sentimental. 






I adore this photo Mr. Keller sent me when he was hunting with Blane last week. 


Cute dish towels I found at Ross!

Who knew a $0.50 pair of gloves would provide such entertainment. 
Holidays are so much fun with little ones.



New cozy flannel sheets just in time for strep throat. I think I caught it at the flea market. Thankfully no one else got it but me. On day three, when I was certain it was strep and nothing herbal was taking care of it, I trudged to the quick care. God bless antibiotics when we really actually need them.



Potato soup from Mr. Keller because the worst thing about strep is STARVATION! For real, the absolute worst.  

Gorgeous red potatoes we grew in our garden.

Not home grown, but pretty nonetheless.

Danny and his DI find for the week.

And my DI finds! I cannot get over how cool these midcentury books are. The colors, you guys! The little figurines were also DI finds from the same day, along with some other great Vintage Farm things. And the wheel is a vintage Jag wheel from the 1950s. I bought it at the flea market. Obvious score. 

More DI finds... the same day. Epic trip, for sure. I always think it's funny when I hear people say, "I never find anything at DI!". It's such an art. 8 out of 10 trips will be lame. But those two gold-mine trips are worth it. The thrill of the hunt. It's deep in my blood. 



Sweet, quiet moments with these two. Morgan is such an attentive, smart big brother. 


Mr. Keller's birthday card from Mr. Morgan. I adore his little drawings of people these days.
Those fingers and toes! Count them out. There is five for each hand and foot.
He's so artistic lately. He colors for hours. 


I saw a hashtag the other day #nofilterallgod.

God is surely in the trees.


Spontaneous lunch date with Mr. Keller to Winger's, and to the park afterward.
This is our favorite park. It's clean, quiet, far away from the road. 
It was a happy day. Smiles all around. 








Another drive through the University area. Absolutely stunning. 




Last day of soccer yesterday! Morg has some serious goalie skills. I'm so proud of him! 



Sugar and his 'sweaters' (sweat pants). He would live in these if I let him. He'd never take them off. Just like his momma. 



Waiting for daddy to come home. We had the Imperial March ready to blare as soon as he walked through the door.
Why is that song so badass? I mean truly. 



Danny and his trumpet.
He was watching Baby Einstein (which plays lots of classical music), and suddenly bolted back to his room for his trumpet.
He sat on the couch for an hour playing music with Baby Einstein! 



You know that epic trip to DI? This was that day. My poor children!



And some from last weekend in Salt Lake.





Julie's beautiful casket. I love my uncle in the background getting a hug from his granddaughter.
So precious. 


The boys with papa.


Beautiful white doves released at the burial.



And the ever-famous Dinosaur Museum! It blew us all away! Worth every penny!






My little paleontologists, which is what Morgan told his teacher he wanted to be just the day before. This was all for Morgan. 




This was such a neat exhibit. They have water pumping continuously, and you can build up sand walls and bury miniature dinosaurs in the sand and eventually the water builds up enough, it pushes through the sand walls and shows how erosion actually works in nature to uncover fossils. 




My silly Danny/luggage pusher



The morning we left to go home -- my sleepy boys.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails