Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Father's day.



I took these photos back in June on Father's day and oh, be still my heart. 

On father's day, we sent our daddy down for a nap, colored pictures and cards and made dinner and cake and had a nice slow afternoon after church. I've been so blessed with a steady, righteous man in my life to be my partner, companion and friend. I'm so thankful for the example he is and how strong and determined he is to make things work out. I'm in the clouds most of the time, always fretting and doubting and worrying about every tiny thing. He grounds me and makes sense of everything I crumple up. God knew exactly who I needed. 

I remember reading this quote for the first time years ago and feeling it reflected so much of how I feel about Mr. Keller.  

"....What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy.” - President Hinkley


This is that immense happiness. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails