Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The playroom.



One of the February projects Morg and I tackled was setting up a real playroom. I've collected adventurous things for this room for years now. I'm still arranging things here and there, but we finally got it all done.

The plane, map, arrow sign, bench, globe, bike wheel, chairs, striped canvas chairs and table are all thrift store or yard sale finds. Last summer I bought a set of eight pull-down maps in their original wooden frame at a yard sale. I paid $60.00 for all of them and gave them to Mr. Keller for father's day last year. We set them in the storage room, unsure where to hang them up. When I was putting the playroom together, I decided to grab one of the maps and I had no idea how large and colorful and fabulous they all were! I mean, this map, you guys. I can't get over it. What a lucky find. I had no idea! The plane is a vintage replica and I picked it up for just $15 at a yard sale last summer too. 

The garbage pails are from King's and were actually the most spendy thing in the whole room. 

The I made the pom pom garland and we're hoping to maybe do some more rearranging so that we can somehow set the teepee up. It's just a bit tall for the room, since this is in the basement. 





















1 comment:

  1. I feel like they are living in every little boy's fantasy world. I love that you capture these moments because you can see real radiance in their faces.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails