Sunday, June 12, 2016

April and May 2016

A bazillion pictures, to catch up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Our sweet little pasture had the sweetest blossoms in the spring months



Checking out a big bird's nest

.

So grown up, tears!


Brother reading to brother.




We had watched the Hobbit and the boys were pretending to be black riders.


Reading to me in bed one afternoon.


Another book, another afternoon.


Danny and I had waited for weeks to clip some lilacs! We were so excited!





Danny learned to ride without training wheels in nothing flat! He was such a trooper! His little legs were covered (and I mean covered!) in little bruises from all of his crashing, but he didn't cry even once! Not once! And still hasn't! And he's took some nasty spills!





Miss Vera came to visit us!



Before church one day



Playing 'baby'


Growing, growing, growing, my sweet firstborn.


A tender mercy from heaven. We found these 'grandma dixon' flowers growing on the side of our house. It was a little 'hello' from heaven, I just know it. The boys helped me pick them all before they got mowed over. We put them in Morgan's pocket and he said, "I sure hope Lola doesn't drive by. She'll think they are for her!


Our first mowing of the year!


A quiet morning with my sweetheart before school got out. 



Danny decided cousin Brenna was his new best friend, so we all had a pow wow one Saturday. We ordered take out and had so much fun!






Warm weather in early spring.








Watching Bambi, with Bambi!


General Conference and our bingo game with treats. 


Sunday dinner and pretty homemade rolls.



Our sweet, good daddy helped Morg learn how to tie his shoes. I'm glad I captured this tender moment.


Nerd day! I'm not sure who was more excited....me or Morgan!


A pretzel picnic with all of his favorites.



Oatmeal, his very favorite. Although, I never make it as good as grandma.




We were so lucky to have a rare visit from great grandma glenna one sunday. We stayed home from church and made homemade chicken noodle soup and cupcakes before she came. It was her birthday and we were so lucky to get to celebrate a little with her. I think she's only been to visit twice in the last four years. 





This picture is so funny to me because this is our made up game we call zig zag. Mr. Keller and I sit at the top of the stairs and the boys run back and forth between the bedrooms in the basement and try not to get hit while we throw balls and shoot nerf  arrows and bullets at them. It's pretty fun. For us, at least. The boys decided they needed helmets after a while. They get pelted pretty good!








Danny asked for his hair to be done like his friend 'Landen's". He fixed it himself and told me this is what it is supposed to look like. Haha!


Book haul from DI -- my boys love getting new ones to add to our growing collection. We all love children's books around here!


Danny and his friends. He insists on sleeping with every stuffed animal we own every single night! Bambi, of course, gets preferential treatment. 



School one afternoon. And Morgan's sweet little counting fingers. 






Danny and company


Soccer! Our Soccerball Dan scored a goal this year! Even if it was by accident (which it was), we still celebrated like crazy!



Danny's always there just for the treats!



The boys were sitting at the table one day and they decided they needed to make a list of the whiniest girls they know. Morg got the paper and Danny helped list them all. Hahaha! So, so funny!

The list says: Whiny girl, Piper, the whiny girl down the street, and Avery.



This was the end of the year school program the kiddos did. Morgan memorized and recited the cutest poem about manners. He was so nervous, but he was so calm and collected. Even after his friend had gone just before him and forgot his poem and had to have some help from his mom. I'm sure that made Morgan extra nervous watching his friend struggle, but he walked up, and stood tall and spoke nice and slow and clear and did so good! We were so proud of him!



Morgan's friend Mason





Mr. Keller coaching -- so cute!





Cleaning up the front yard



Papa Corrie retired and passed on to Mr. Keller some very nice shirts. 


"Pick me a 'wish', mom!" (because he was afraid it had bugs on it.)



We found a neat dinosaur coloring book at the dollar store one day. Morgan worked so hard and colored the entire book in one afternoon and presented it to us in the evening.


Sweet view from where I sit. 



Daddy loving on his boys (bambi included) one morning.


Our field trip to cherry springs. Of course Danny was in heaven to be with all the 'big kids'. He also found and picked up a deer leg. Awesome. 


Looking at bugs from the stream.





It's estate sale season! I was busting up standing at the back of the line as I took in the view. Me and all the senior citizens in Pocatello. I love it. 


Our last soccer game -- it was a cold, rainy season! The boys had so much fun, though. 





My mother's day treat from Mr Keller and the boys. Give me all the hydrangeas in the land (and a prayer that I can actually keep them alive!).



Mother's day love from the boys -- is that not the sweetest card and silhouette they made at school? 
It made me cry! I'm so blessed with the sweetest souls in my home.


A bike ride and walk on Mother's day evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails