Friday, May 13, 2016

February, March




Sometimes it feels as though blogging is a thing of the past for me. It feels ancient around here. Hints of another life linger; a past life, a long time ago. 

The days blur together, much like they did when the boys were babies. Only they aren't babies. They are busy, busy boys. And we run here and we run there, and we do this and that, and at the end of the day we're all so spent. I curl up on the couch with Mr. Keller and fall asleep at 9pm, like an eighty year old woman. And we do this every day, and every night. And that is our busy, busy life these days. 

We are very near the end of first grade for Morgan. He continues to excel in everything he does. He is too smart for his own good sometimes. He's into the Hobbit now, which is so pleasing to me. I've waited years for this. We have the 70s cartoon versions of the movies, and I couldn't tell you how many times we had to pause so I could answer his questions. Hundreds of questions, I bet, about the storylines, and the characters, and their genealogy, and what they favorite colors were, and if Saruman and Count Dooku were really the same person, and on and on and on. Hundreds of questions over the last little bit. It's a good thing I'm a super nerd and can answer them all.

Both boys are playing soccer this spring. So much busy, but so much fun. Morgan is working on being more 'aggressive' when he plays, as his daddy is coaching him to be. And Danny: he's just there for the post-game treats each week. He's so much fun to watch. While he is more attentive than the last time we played soccer, it's still pretty entertaining. 

Danny and I enjoy our quiet mornings while Morgan is in school. I know how numbered these sweet times are with him and I have made it such a point to enjoy them. He is such a joy to be around, such a little companion, always pleased to be along my side doing whatever while I'm going about doing chores, and getting ready for the day. Sometimes we lay and read books, sometimes we play farm and combines, sometimes legos, it doesn't really matter what we are doing. I enjoy my precious time with him. He is such a gift. 


Flea Market:

The WildHare flea market came and went! Kricket came to stay with the boys and they had such a good time with her. They kept her busy, and she surely spoiled them with all sorts of fun things, fun stories, walks, talks, jokes, and lots more. They had such a good time with her. Mr. Keller was out of town that weekend, but between Claudio and I, we managed just fine. And it ended up being my most profitable market yet. It's always so much fun. Lots of work, but we've got it down to a science now and it all goes fairly smoothly. 

Spring break: 
We stayed home this year for spring break, as we were all catching up after the flea market. We made it a point to do something special each day. We rented movies from the movie store (rare, a real treat!), we went to lunch, to the dollar store, to Idaho Falls, to the movies, and out to breakfast with daddy.



Here are a bunch of photos from February and March







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails