Sunday, January 18, 2015

January: I've been slaying you like a beast. Usually, I dread this time of year. What a blessing it is to feel well. The boys and I have been so productive lately. Organizing, cleaning, painting, moving things around. It feels good! It's nice to get back to routine. When I was a girl, I remember Mondays were always my favorite day of the week.  

Morg caught a little cold the first day he went back to school (of course). The most annoying thing in the world to me is when people don't keep their kids home when they are sick (school, church, the store, anywhere). It's so rude and inconsiderate. It kills me! It probably always will. Alas, he's on the mend. And none of us caught it.

Yesterday, he and I went on a little date to the dollar store to pick out a few things he could spend his hard earned allowance on. He worked hard for me all week and had a toy in mind, but ended up changing his mind. It took no less than 45 minutes for him to decide. He had to think it all out so meticulously. I enjoyed watching him. He also bought a Mickey whistle for brother and really wanted to buy me something, too. We went to ice cream together and then came home and snuggled before bed.

Danny has been mauling me like crazy lately. It kills us. He thinks he's a baby still. He comes running up to me, closes his eyes and nuzzles my face for a good two minutes straight. And ALL during sacrament today! Man. I couldn't get away from him. And he's a big boy. He just wouldn't leave me alone! It's so hard for me to keep a straight face when he gets in his lovey moods. I could eat him.   

When my parents were here for New Years, Papa put the boys' train track table together (once again) and he used wood glue and hot glue so it will hopefully now be permanently up. The boys got this for Christmas two years ago, but rarely play with it since Danny has always taken it apart. Now he can't! Thank you papa. The boys have been playing with is nonstop for a few weeks now. 

Here's several pictures from the last three weeks!

Xo.


Pretty fresh greenery and bright sun




 I cannot get enough grapefruit lately. My favorite is grapefruit oil in my water. 



Mr. Keller installing my Christmas present! Boy, I'm in love. 



A gorgeous foggy morning (rare around here!)
 

Downton time once again! Of course I got out my hat collection for the premiere.

A beautiful January sunset. 

Purging! Mr. Keller has taken three truckloads (no joke) to DI in the last two weeks. 
Sh!t be gone. 


My sweet little Christmas tree on the front porch because I simply cannot part ways with him yet. He's still so fresh and beautiful. I wish I could keep him for eternity. 





Pepper berry, so cute!


This rascal.



Lunch time

Dino time!

Sugar and I lounging one morning while brother was at school.




We finally FINALLY set the playroom back up again after the flood in the summer! Whew, that only took seven months. 



Last Saturday, Danny raided every corner he could think of and 'collected' coins so he could buy his own little paint brush roller from Lowes. He took some from my purse, Mr. Keller's stash and Morgan's piggy bank. He LOVES to play with real things. 



I sent my Twilight books to the DI last week. When I went shopping there a few days later, I could've died. Apparently everyone else got rid of theirs too. This is so funny to me!



Sweet little floral mugs I scored at the DI!


Afternoon nap for me. Morg is such a good little babysitter. 

Danny's been carrying around this puppy for the last week. He sleeps with it (along with Lion, too). 
It's his twin, I think.


And here's his actual twin. I found this little Christmas figurine at DI when my mom and I were shopping over New Years. I mean, I couldn't get it in my cart fast enough. It looks EXACTLY like my son. He thought so too. He really thinks that's him!  It's so cute!



Here we are 'pamping' (painting). 

More planking! And my Christmas beard, which has now been shaven. Sad!

Cute shams I got at Ross for $3.99!


Our little tiny newborn. 

Running in single-digit weather on New Years day!  Thankfully, Mr. Keller bought me some insulated leggings, which I love.


It feels SO good to get back into the swing of things diet-wise. 


Pepperberry for my New Years table. Mom and Dad brought a nitrate-free smoked turkey from a place in Boise. It was SO good! 


Midnight on New Years. 

Morg was so excited to stay up late! Although, he didn't quite make it to midnight, we had our own little New Years party just for him. 

Trains with papa


New Years dinner

Mackenzie River, because is there a weekend we don't eat here? No. 



Playing before bedtime.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails